Do each variation to failure, and rest with a V-sit hold in between until you are ready for the next exercise.
- Upper chest: knee push away OR prowler push away OR decline pushup
- Middle chest: standard pushup OR archer pushup
- Lower chest: incline pushup OR planch pushup OR hindu pushup
- Adduction: twisting pushup OR banded crossover pushup
- Explosive: knee plyo pushup OR plyo hand release pushup
Rest 3-5 mins, then repeat 1-2 times more.
- 20 side to side jump squats
- 20 sumo walks
- 10 curtsy lunges (each leg)
- 12 box jumps
- 20 alternating toe taps (use a bench or box)
- 10 assisted pistol squats (each leg)
- 20 calf raises
- 5 back and forth lunges (each leg)
This is 1 round, do 4 total.
30 secs work, 15 secs rest
1. pushup with shoulder tap
2. side lunges with squat
3. mountain climber
4. kick ups
5. burpees (w/o pushup)
Rest 1 minute, and do 3 rounds.
30 secs on, 30 secs off. Do 10-20 rounds for a 10-20 min workout
<60 secs: Increase endurance, burn more calories
1-2 mins: Building more muscle, and some endurance benefits
2-3 mins: Building more muscle and strength
3-5 mins: Pure strength and power purposes
Compound movements may be better with 1-2 mins rest, while isolation exercises with 45-90 sec rest.
Incorporate all rest intervals, because their benefits transfer across.
Use a pair of dumbbells.
- 6 split jerks, 10 skier swings
- 12 split jerks, 20 skier swings
- 18 split jerks, 30 skier swings
Time yourself, how long it takes, rest the same amount of time. Repeat 2 more times.